The Accordion Connection

Simone says there's a popular indie rock band called the "Accordion Connection, you know, that one with all the guys on stage at once, and one of them has a drum? You know who I mean". Anyway, this is an unrelated blog of bitchin' YouTube videos.

Friday, October 30, 2009

The Hot Fall Jam, Finally!

So this blog sure kinda died, huh? Well, I'm still here thinking of great blog posts and then not actually doing them. I have a real job now, people! A job where I spent a ridiculous amount of time sitting in front of a computer doing shit! I do not love computers enough to then come home and sit in front of another computer for very long. (Sorry, computers, it's just the truth).

ANYWAYZ, the point is, finally we have a hot jam. This summer was pretty jam-less, if you ask me, but man. The new Jay-Z song, "Empire State of Mind," is pretty much one of the best pop songs of the modern era. It's right up there with "Fantasy" by Mariah Carey or, I dunno, "Born in the USA" or something. In fact, it's kinda a blend of both of those songs. It's all catchy as balls and has a great hook, but is also all sweeping and is an ANTHEM, maannnn. I mean, not to sound all cheesy and shit, but when this song "dropped" about six weeks ago or whatever, I heard it blasting from some car over in the East Village when I was walking down 1st ave and it was like, "YEAH. YEAH, NEW YORK. THAT'S RIGHT! THESE STREETS WILL INSPIRE YOU! SING IT, ALICIA!" So, yeah, you done good, Jay-Z. Also, I really like Alicia Keys intonation, especially when she sings "inspire you-u-u."

Enough with my cheeseball antics. Watch the video, y'all:

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, November 01, 2009, Blogger Gerard said...

I want Jay-Z to do a song like this about New Jersey.

 
At 1:27 AM, November 02, 2009, Blogger M said...

i'm pretty sure he's working on one about franklin park right now.

anyway, i bet this song will be played at many an eighth grade dance.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home